For dog owners, neutralizing dog urine in a dog race can be one of the most difficult tasks. Dog urine is very acidic and can produce a harsh odor, especially during the summer. When temperatures rise and urine odor becomes stronger, remove odor as soon as possible. You can neutralize dog urine with simple household items that will not harm your pet.
Tips for removing urine and stool odor:
- For grass and turf areas, try spraying lime on urine stains.
- Lemon dish soap with a little vinegar works miracles. Use a garden hose end mixer and rinse the area afterward.
- Use oscillating sprinklers daily in the patio area that animals mostly use. Water will slowly loosen urine and allow it to leak into the soil.
- Spread baking soda on the area. Leave it for at least an hour to absorb the smell of urine. For cement areas, use a cleaning brush to clean the area before leaving it.
- If the surface is porous, such as cement, and let the urine dry, mix a little bleach with water and pour it on the surface. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes before rinsing the area with fresh water.
- An oxidizing bleach such as Clorox, or mix the chlorine solution in the pool and pour it over it. Chlorine will neutralize urine. This is not recommended if you have plants in the area. If the chlorine solution comes in contact with the urine and remains moist (active) for long enough, it will kill the smell.
How to neutralize dog urine?
Choose baking soda
Baking soda naturally neutralizes odors. Spray it freely on the wet area or even an old urine stain, then gently put the powder into the fibers of any fabric, mat, or rug. Let the baking soda sit overnight to get the maximum absorbing odor, then clean it to remove the odor completely
How do you get the smell of dog urine from concrete?
Wash stains you find with a portion of vinegar and a portion of water, and two teaspoons of baking soda, then treat the areas with an enzymatic cleaner of the same type that you used on your carpet. 9 Do not wash the detergent away. Cover the stains and let the cement or concrete steep overnight for up to 24 hours.
How do you remove bad smells from running?
If you have synthetic grass, it is also a good idea to monthly (or more frequently run dogs regularly) remove unpleasant odors from toilet areas and kill bacteria by spraying a mixture of vinegar and water in the area. You cannot do this on natural grass, because vinegar will kill the lawn.